DOT Europe is looking for an enthusiastic Policy Assistant to join our small, dynamic team. As a Policy Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of EU digital policy-making with corporate and political experts. As DOT Europe is a small team, we are looking for someone who is eager to engage and who adapts to a fast-paced (but enjoyable!) working environment.
Topics you will be working on will include the Digital Services Act, the AI Act, the Data Act, the Democracy Action Plan and disinformation, privacy and data protection, intellectual property rights and the consumer policy agenda – to name a few.
There will be an allowance of +/- 900 € per month.
Start date around beginning of March, for a period of six months.
Day-to-Day Job Functions
- Assist the team in its daily policy work
- Support the team at an organisational level (admin, events’ preparation…)
- Follow tech policy debates in the European institutions
- Attend events and hearings
- Research on various issues
- Writing summaries or short reports for our membership
- Follow the relevant daily news
- You have a strong interest in EU affairs, and in tech policy debates in particular
- You hold a university-level degree (does not have to be policy-related)
- You have a sound knowledge of the EU institutions
- Prior EU institution experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written)
- You are proactive, flexible and willing to learn
- You can take on multiple tasks and know how to prioritise different deadlines
- You can work autonomously and as part of a team
- You know 2 or more official EU languages
- Good sense of humour
How to apply
Candidates should send a copy of their CV* and cover letter to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Policy Assistant application’ by Sunday 23 January.
*Europass CVs will not be accepted.