DOT Europe is looking for a enthusiastic Policy Associate to join our small, dynamic team. As a Policy Associate, you will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of EU digital policy-making with corporate and political experts. You will contribute to developing and rolling out DOT Europe’s positioning and advocacy on current and future EU Digital Policy issues, particularly with regards to Artificial Intelligence and consumer issues.
DOT Europe is a small team, we are looking for someone who is eager to engage and who easily adapts to a fast-paced (but enjoyable!) working environment.
- Develop a network of contacts within the EU institutions and stakeholder community
- Responsible for the production and dissemination of policy papers and other advocacy materials
- Organise activities including meeting, conferences, seminars
- Research and dissemination of information on areas of relevance for the membership
- Provide analysis and advice on policy matters
- Representing DOT Europe in public-facing events, meetings and other forums related to your policy files
- Support in managing the User Working group of company representatives to develop the associations position on issues of relevance
- University or advanced degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences (EU studies, Political Science, International Relations), European law, etc.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in European affairs; knowledge of and strong interest in digital policy is a plus
- Solid understanding of EU institutions and their workings, the legislative process and the policy context
- Excellent English and diplomatic writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally and independently with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in handling EU dossiers
- Strategic foresight and highly developed networking skills
- Cheerful teamplayer with a good sense of humor
What we offer in return
- A chance to work for the leading internet companies in Europe
- A young and enthusiastic team
- An office right at the heart of EU decision-making
- Full time employment contract, competitive salary according to experience and several benefits;
- Opportunities for employee development (trainings, mentoring)
Start date: Asap tbc
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and a CV (max. 2 pages) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with policy associate in the subject line.
We do not accept applications via LinkedIn. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to meeting you!
About DOT Europe
DOT Europe is the voice of the leading internet companies in Europe. DOT Europe prides itself on being a consensus based organisation which brings a diverse membership together to agree on their collective stance on EU tech policy. Collectively our members provide Europe’s citizens and businesses with some of the internet’s most popular products, platforms and services.
DOT Europe has a small and young Brussels-based team in the centre of EU policy making (Trône). We have a flexible and hybrid working policy.
DOT Europe is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at DOT Europe are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications and merits, without regard to race, ethnicity, colour, gender, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs.