Senior Policy Officer or Director (depending on experience)
DOT Europe is the voice of the leading internet companies in Europe. DOT Europe prides itself on being a consensus based organisation which brings a diverse membership together to agree on their collective stance on EU tech policy. Collectively our members provide Europe’s citizens and businesses with some of the internet’s most popular products, platforms and services.
DOT Europe has a small and young Brussels-based team in the centre of EU policy making (Troon). We have a flexible and hybrid working policy.
You will take on this position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of part of the DOT Europe Policy Programme and the respective Working Group(s) and task forces, which bring together business professionals from our member companies. You will act as a focal point for all related strategy and advocacy activities. You report directly to the Director General and works in close coordination with the team. You will also hold a responsibility to work on some of the forward looking policy work the association works on.
- Develop close relationships with key EU officials and stakeholders;
- Responsible for the production and dissemination of policy papers and other advocacy materials;
- Work collaboratively with the DOT Europe team
- Organise activities including meetings, conferences, seminars;
- Research and disseminate information on areas of relevance for the membership; and
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on policy matters.
- Identifying and fostering information exchanges and alliances with other stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of and experience in EU digital policy;
- Work experience and proven interest in European and international affairs;
- Strategic foresight and highly developed networking skills;
- University degree in European affairs, trade, politics, foreign affairs and/or international relations or a relevant degree;
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills and diplomacy;
- Work well in a dynamic team;
- Strong organisational and administrative skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of professional experience.
Fluent English (both written and spoken); another EU language an advantage.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Start date: asap tbc
Employment Type: Full-time
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to with Senior Policy position in the subject line to Siada@doteurope.eu
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
DOT Europe is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at DOT Europe are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications and merits, without regard to race, ethnicity, colour, gender, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs.